Tutorial: Transferring ETH from MyEtherWallet to MetaMask
Installing & Setting Up MetaMask
- Install the MetaMask extension in the Chrome Store.
- Install by clicking “Add to Chrome”.
- Accept the Privacy Notice.
- Create your own password. Choose one that is unique and only you know, and keep it in a safe place.
- You are now shown 12 words. These 12 words are your seed phrase. KEEP THEM! Write the words down and store he list securely. If your computer ever crashes or your browser fails you can use this 12 word code to recover your account!
Remember! Do not share this seed phrase with anyone! If you do, they can access your account and send all your coins to themselves.
Transferring your Funds from MyEtherWallet
- Visit http://www.MyEtherWallet.com (double-check the website address).
- Unlock your account.
- Find your address from MetaMask. Click the three dots (…) next to your account name in MetaMask, and click “Copy Address to clipboard”.
- In your MyEtherWallet, paste the MetaMask address in the field labeled “To Address”.
- Click “Generate Transaction”.
- Wait for the transfer to arrive in MetaMask.
Connect with us